Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Drowning under all the readings!

I am into my second official week of the Masters program and I can't believe how many readings we have for our classes. Monday morning I finished off the last of my readings for the classes I was scheduled for that day. When I reached the outside doors of my first class, another student was sitting reading what looked like a photocopied book. I asked him what class it was for and he said it was for the second class of the day. For a moment I thought he must be in a different class so I checked by asking him if the topic was on the "Effects model". He told me that was last week's topic. When I checked my book I realized that I had finally caught up on last week's readings, not this week's.

The incident frazzled me so much that I came home and wrote an essay for the class that isn't due for another month. When I went to bed at 1:30 AM this morning I felt relieved. When my alarm woke me up at 6:20 AM, I was exhausted. I'm going to have to put aside a few hours to get some extra sleep. I don't know when that will be. I have a huge Google Earth project due next Monday and we've been told it shouldn't be for a tour. There goes all the wine tour pictures I took this weekend. Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment